I just saw Brave !
I waited so long for a good copy, now i FINALLY watched it !
i was like processing the movie the whole time watching it.
I don’t really know how to react towards this movie, i was thinking of all the good reviews it got and focusing on that ‘it has to be good, it has to be good’
Negative Points :
- The first 27 mins i was like ‘Wow, nothing special yet, is this a Pixar movie ?’, literally nothing special.
- I didn’t like the beginning of it ! i thought it was too commercially if that’s the right phrase, i barely smiled, and i disliked the triplets, i thought they’re trying too hard to make them look cute !
- I thought it was somehow fast paced, especially when it comes to the connection between Mother and Daughter, even when a fast paced movie doesn’t bore you, but in these scenes especially they should have been a bit slower and more detailed.
Positive Points :
- It has Pixar’s heart in it.
- The animation is definitely the best Pixar animation so far.
The details are breathtaking, there is a lot of realistic stuff, yet some of the clearly-animated scenes to remind you that you’re watching an animated movie, a very good one.
- The music is just perfect for the movie, with the scenes and the accent and the atmosphere, i thought it was just lovely and suitable for the movie, can’t get any better for sure.
- Even though i didn’t like the beginning of it, but the scene where they started to fight caught my attention, i thought it was beautifully animated/written/directed, i didn’t get bored of the movie not even for a sec.
- The bonding scenes were fast paced true, but it convinced me a bit, it could have been better, but i think it was quite alright ! especially after we meet Mor’du.
- Like i said, it has Pixar’s heart in it, Pixar’s other movies got to me more, but i would be lying if i said that Brave didn’t get to me in some scenes, which made me satisfied, since i got used to Pixar movies moving me.
- And one last thing, the four kings tale ? FREAKING AWESOME ! the story is amazing, and i loved how they put it in the movie, and how it ends, it’s just … ahh, i wish they made the movie about it somehow !
- Merida : i like her, i love that she’s kinda immature and a bit selfish ! and her reactions towards her mother ! she would rank 6th or 7th on my list ! i’m not sure though.
- Elinor : I thought the changing of personality kinda surprising and sudden, but meh, i liked her as a bear more.
- Fergus : Fun ……….. and well, fun !
- The Triplets : No, just no !
- Mor’du : i don’t care if he didn’t say a word and barely was there, i love him.
It’s not the best Pixar movie, but it’s really good, definitely worth watching.
I know i have to watch it again, i may change my mind about some things.
Sorry for the long review ;)